Watermelon is one of summer’s favorite fruit, probably thanks to its high water content; it helps us hydrate while we enjoy its great flavor. Hydration isn’t the only benefit it brings us, we’ll show you above!
For the record, remember it’s important to consume those famous five portions of fruits and vegetables every day. Fruits and vegetables provide us vitamins, fibers, and also it provides us our daily water and nutrients portion.
It’s an important and healthy water source. If you’re tired of drinking water cups during the summer and neither want to drink soda, a great solution is to simply slide some watermelon and eat them. You can also blend it and you’ll have a great juice.
- Watermelon contains vitamins, especially vitamin A and vitamin C, nutrients that we need daily.
- It a source of carotenoids, especially lycopene. It’s an anti-oxide that has an anti-inflammatory effect and prevents cancer cells.
- Thanks to its high water content and dietary fibers, watermelon also helps the digestive transit regulate.
- Some studies have shown a correlation between watermelon and hypertension reduction.
- Another study has concluded that we a high consume of watermelon, prostate cancer risk can be reduce highly.
So, now that you know this. Go buy some watermelon and enjoy it! We’re going to give you a little tip, once you’ve cut your watermelon. Some of its nutrients start to disappear, so for you to have most advantage of it. We recommend you to consume it no longer than four days after you made the first cut of it.